coupons

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by randy2625, Jan 13, 2004.

1. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

i was thinking of sending out coupons 10k my friend did and got like 100 of calls he ahd to turn alot down.im gonig to put sokme coupons on for landscaping i was thinknig 10% off and for mowing im not sure b/c i dont put my customers under contract so i cant do 4 paid cuts get one free and still keep them all year.

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Thats alot of coupons how are you sending them and in what format

3. randy2625

they are getting sent out in a valuepack thing that comes in the mail every here once a month. for ever 10k flyers i think the pirce is 600 bucks.But i hear it might be worth i just need some coupons to put on there...

4. randy2625

anyone got any ideas?????

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Randy

Last year we offered free fall aeration to new customers only if they signed up by April 1st.Got 3 or 4 out of it.I wanted to make sure it was a end of season service so they would not get something free and then quit.

6. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm thinking about putting on the bottom of my flyers, show this, or call before blah blah and get 10$'s off first cut or somthing.

7. randy2625

ya i would do that but i dont have a aerater but i can probley get one by the end of the year, how long would a good size yard take?

8. tennzman

tennzman LawnSite Member

I'm printing flyers as I type. I put a $5.00 off coupon on my flyers last year and am doing the same thing this year. It's for the first cut or whenever they would like to use it. It worked pretty well - I would recommend it. I get names and addresses of neighborhoods that i want to cut off of the internet and mail them.

9. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I think you would be better off in the long run just doing fliers. I have heard alot of people here try the coupons in the vaule pacs and never had much luck