Covenant Cargo 6 x 14 enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gmanlq, Feb 11, 2008.

1. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

What do you think about this enclosed trailer? Good deal or not. Made well or not.

New Covenant Cargo 6' x 14' enclosed tandem twin axle with ramp door, 32" side door, roof vent with dome light and a switch, red exterior color, assisted ramp door, 16" center floor with 3/4" plywood and 16" center 3/8" plywood on walls, true 72" clearance inside trailer, 5 year warranty for $3800 including taxes walk off the lot price.

Weighs 2000 lbs. and has 4 for each wheel. Can put 3000 lbs. of equipment inside?

Inside I'll have a 21" craftsman and the 36" metro, edger, blower, trimmer rack and a few other tools/supplies.
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Very good price for a new trailer, especially with thick plywood and brakes on both axles. You guys in the South can get trailers at alot better prices than we can up here, but for me if i went to the local dealer that trailer would be around $5000-5500. And you should be able to carry closer to 4000lbs in it i believe
  3. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

At least you Yankees get the snow to make some winter $$$. Grass won't grow down here after Nov. and we don't get the snow you get. Got to develop other means down here to make winter $$$.
  4. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Wheres that trailer sold? Country Boy Trailers in Cumming?
  5. tconn

tconn LawnSite Member

I’d be careful using that trailer for something as strenuous as landscaping. The Covenant Cargo uses cheap Chinese axles, has thin exterior skin, and uses lighter gauge steel in the framing (that’s why it’s cheaper). I would recommend either Pace American (Summit or Journey-Summit model) or a Wells Cargo. You’ll probably spend a little more, but it last a lot longer and be well worth the investment.
  6. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice.
  7. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

No. Is down in Jonesboro GA. Why do you ask?
  8. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

No. Is down in Jonesboro GA. Why do you ask?
  9. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

Wish you replied sooner. I put money down on a credit card. I can probably get out of it.

I'd be well under the weight capacity of 5000lbs of this trailer. My equipment would be under 700lbs for this year. Next year I hope to add a Stander so that would add another 800 to 900lbs. You don't think I'd be OK being under the weight limit by so much??
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 7x16 V-nose that I paid $3K for new. Lots of guys will tell you the higher dollar trailers are better to make them feel they have the best but the covenant trailers are pretty decent. Not to mention you can just about buy two for what others are asking. I load mine down everyday w/ 2 60" Z's and all the other stuff you need. So far 8K miles and only had to replace one tire (defect tire from the factory, only had 1000 miles on it).