coventry II pavers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jbailey52, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey everyone... this one may sound kinda goofy but here goes....

were doing a 160 ft walkway right now and its all prepped and ready. Customer decided to go with coventry II dakota.... anyway Ive never used coventry II.... and I cant figure out how to lay them pattern wise.. I thought I would just be able to figure out all of the notches and cuts on the sides of the pavers to make them fit.. but I can.. please help out.. thanks!

2. jbailey52

ok I think I answered my own question.. seems a running bond is the only possible.... what about a sailor / soldier course? these dont seem like they would work? Thanks!

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We always run the Cov II in running bond. You can do a pattern, but it is very time consuming. I would use Cov I 6x9's as the border or just run Cov II as a sailor.

Chris

4. jbailey52

Thanks CG... I think thats what I will do... do you think the running bond looks good in a curvy walkway?

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely! I try to push it whenever I can! I think it leads the eye up the walk and it's also easier!payup

Chris

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Agreed 100%

7. jbailey52

Sounds good... now im going to sell it that way.. .and claim its my idea! :waving:

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any close up pics, im trying to self teach my self on pavers and looking at all information i can.
    Mike