1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cover It Garages

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIKEJ, Feb 20, 2003.

1. MIKEJ

MIKEJ LawnSite Member

I am thinking of picking up a Cover It portable garage to store my equipment in. I cant afford the real thing as of yet so I thought I would give a portable a try. You can pick up a 10 by 12 by 20 for like $550.00. Have any of you guys used these garages ? How is the quality of the material and will they hold up to the elements. I live on the water so i need something rugged. Any input would be helpfull. Thanks.:D
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I thought about getting one but security was a concern. I don't think that it would keep out a potential thief. A buddy of mine has one to store his work van in and he loves it, it has held up pretty well and it keeps the elements out.
  3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have one that size it's good when you come an it's raining. don't get wet putting the mowers in the shop.
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would not think this is really going to protect your equipment security wise or from the elements even short term. The wind and sun seem like they would just destroy something like that in no time and then you are out a nice chunk of money that could be used toward building something permanent.