Covered by warranty?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tezzy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

My FasTrak 20/52 had an idler pulley bearing lock up, the plastic part of the pulley kept spinning, went sideways and took out the belt. My question is I know the pulley and bearing should be covered but what about the belt? After reading the warranty under "Things not covered" it states something to the effect that normal maintenance items such as belts are not covered. I understand the reasoning there but in my case it was not because of normal wear it was because the bearing failed. I am going to try to get it in the shop the first of the week and wanted to know if the belt is covered by warranty or not before I take it in. The unit is less than two years old and has 110 hours on it! This is the first problem I have had with the unit and either way I still love my "Hustler"!!!!!!:cool2:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have your dealer file for it, I am thinking we would take care of it.
    Let me know if there are any problems.

3. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

I will share this info with my dealer and I will let you know!

4. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

Let me guess - it was the idler toward the front of the deck between the center and left blade? I had the same issue on my 20/52 that has 50 hours on it. For it to be covered under warranty, I had to bring the mower to the dealer, which was too much of a hassle. The bearing/pully was only about $12, so it wasn't worth the hassle of taking it in.

On a side note, the dealer was great. I was mowing my lawn the day before we were to have our wedding reception when the bearing went out. The dealer didn't have one in stock, but to help me out he took one off of a new floor model. Great service. :drinkup:

5. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

Took it in Monday for the repairs.........replaced everythng under warranty no questions asked.........had me in and out in no time........and gave me a "FREE" t-shirt! 10 out of 10 for the guys & gals at "Landscapers Choice" in Raytown, MO.:clapping:

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good to hear.
    I am glad you were taken care of fast.