Covers for Accelerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randys Lawn Service, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Randys Lawn Service

Randys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Just got my Accelerator cage installed and used it once. Seems to produce a lot of dust with leaves. How many of you bought/made covers for this piece of equipment???

2. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

We have that problem too. I believe if you cover the mesh holes, it will not work properly. It is designed for the air to flow thry it & pack the leaves toward the back. Scott

3. Randys Lawn Service

Randys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

When I called Accelerator, they said they had dust covers made out of fabric like on a push mower. It allows the air flow, but eliminates most of the dust. Was curious on how many people use them.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Randy,

Here is a quote from this post.

" As for dust, the holes would have to be much,much smaller to make any difference, since dust particles are only microns across. The trade off is that the amount of air flowing through the catcher is a lot more than you can get with a cloth unit, giving you a better fill and a better cut. The dust covers can be be put on in dry conditions when you donÕt need as much airflow through the catcher......

Peter Andonian
    Accelerator Industries"

5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a factory cloth bagger for my Scag and it still lets dust through it. If you think you are going to stop the dust completely you are wasting your money. You might improve it over what you have but I would save your money because even my cloth one drives me crazy when its dusty in summer or in the fall with the leaves. My cloth bagger is double thick, and I am sure its woven as tight or probably tighter than anything on the market.
    I would buy a pack of face masks for $4.99

Where does most of the dust come from?? All sides or mostly the top? With mine its only the top.

Jimbo

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW- Where did you buy your bagger and how much?? I was interested in one for ease of dumping into trash bags, but my local dealer is $50.00 over list and I am not paying that.

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have the accelerator xl catcher and purchased the dust covers. I have not installed them yet, due to the fact that the leaves around here still have quite a bit of moisture ,which in and of itself, keeps the dust down. To be completely honest with you, I expect leaf collection to be a dusty affair, so going in, it doesn't bother me that much.