Covers for Walkbehinds

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by all degree, May 13, 2004.

1. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever thought about making a cover that will cover the entire mower? That is what I really need.

2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

All Degree,

Thanks for the good question. We have had that asked before. We make a cover for Zero Turn Riders that cover the entire mower from the front wheels to the back bumper as well as a partial cover that protects the vitale areas from the control arms/front seat back.

What would you want to cover on the walk-behind and why? Be as specific as you can. Anyone can add to this if they want. We will be adding some new products for 2005 and this could be one of them.

Have a Successful and Safe Season,
    W.E.

3. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

My equipmet sits for 3-4 days at a time so now I leave the mowers on a trailer and cover them with a standard tarp. It would be nice if you could cover a walk behind from the front wheels all the way over to the controls. This would stay on better than a tarp because you covers are fitted.

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I just checked out your website for the first time and I too am looking for something that will cover up the whole mower or atleast what they cover now and the deck.

I've seen mowers that sit out in the rain and after a couple years (saw one that sat for 1 year and was nasty) the decks get pretty beat. I want a cover for if i need to leave the mower out once in awhile it wont get hammered from rain or whatnot. Small scratches with some rain water getting underneith can cause big rust problems from inside the paint out.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I need a cover that covers my walk behinds and has a SNUG fitting elastic bottom. 1000 denier material would be nice, very hard to tear and breathes well also pretty coast effective.

6. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Jusmowin,

During the season there is not time to develop new products. It is the time, though, to think about them and a full Mid-Size Mower Cover is one of our new products for 2005. It is made of the same material as our other covers and will be offered with the heat liner, a cotton liner and no liner in the engine area. It covers top to bottom, side to side and has 1/4" bungee around the bottom and D-Rings for tie-downs. It is made for highway speeds in open trailers.

We will try to post a photo when it is available on Lawnsite. We have several other new products for 2005 so check our website for information on these. We will post updates on Lawnsite so that you and the other members can stay current.

Happy Holidays to all!
    W.E.

7. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

All Degree,

Check out the Equipment Covers section of our Website and go to the Mid-Size Mower section or click on the New Products for 2005 on the Home page. This cover works really well in protecting the entire mower. They are a one size fits all from 32" to 60" decks. Water resistant with your choice of liner for the different degrees of heat from the engine - Heat liner(Hot!), Cotton liner(Warm) and No liner(Cold).

This is a needed item, thanks for your input.

Hope you are having a Super Season so far.
    W.E.