1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

CPA Charge???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LoneStarLawn, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank LawnSite Member

My accountant charges by the quarter. They usually run their rates by the amount of payroll they have to do. now I will caution, make sure its someone you can trust I had heard from an accountant that I know, and don't deal with. Some like to create trouble at times to build up there fee's to get you out of trouble.

2. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

The price is worth it so you are not gotten by the IRS Man. If he gets you I do belive that it is going to cost you much more in the long run.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

$350 a year to do taxes.

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

$380.00 a year to do taxes. $100.00 per hour to clean up Quick Books.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I was useing H+R Block for several years because a neighbor owned the franchise and did my taxes personaly.Another business friend had suggested very strongly to seek the assistance of a CPA. Last year I found out that I had been had by H+R Block each year.The CPA cost $300.00 but saved me over $3000.00 compared to a few hundered in the past.I am hopeing for a bigger savings this year seeing as how he got my records in line.

Ask friends who are in business who they use or think are best CPA'S. I was supprised at what could be deducted!!

Gene

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I pay $425 per year. He also does investment counceling so I call him on a regular basis with questions. Totl time at tax time may be 2 hours, but total for the year has to be 8-10. He's a good guy.

jeffyr