crab grass clover?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DADDY D, Aug 9, 2006.

1. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

just starting to take care of my new yard and its never had anything but fert and lime on it,its full of crab grass and clover what?and when and how long before cross seeding do i need to wait looking to either spray of granular this fall is not dry here but not the best summer for gass either eastern nc thanks for any help.rude and sinde comments:dizzy:

2. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

forgot if it helps i have a lesco close?

3. rburke

rburke LawnSite Member

Start by taking grammar lessons. Are you asking if you have a Lesco close by or are you telling us you have a Lesco close by?

4. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have a lesco with in 20 min of my home.

5. UBRKIFIX

UBRKIFIX LawnSite Member

I think he needs help with weeds not grammar lessons teacher rburke.its all english don't understand english?:usflag:

6. rburke

rburke LawnSite Member

That was English? And just how did you help him UBRKIFIX?

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't make heads or tails of the post either. I can overlook a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but that was nearly impossible to understand. Funny how dummies always want to come out of the woodwork when an intelligent person has the nerve to criticize someone's english.

8. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

sorry it was hard to read i didnt mean to upset all the english teachers on here,i just need a little advise.all you had to do was nothing,just dont post if you cant help. I didnt ask for spelling lessons form anyone just help controling weeds.does all the perfect people live up north?

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd help if I could understand you. Sheepluv, thanks for illustrating my point.

10. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

work on your communication skills if you expect to ask help from anyone, regardless of whether on the net or not. In the meantime, here's what you actually need to know about your crabgrass/clover issue. Both of these weeds are best controlled with preemergent herbicides, meaning, BEFORE they come out, you need to make a chemical application to control them. There are post emergent solutions, but they tend to also do damage to the existing lawn. particularly when it's hot. Seed when it gets cooler in your area, so that the seed can retain enough moisture to germinate. You can do this regardless of what steps you take to control the weeds, unless it involves putting down a fall preemeregent, which would keep and grass seed you applied after that point from germinating. I'm sure the local LESCO branch will be happy to help you with the specifics that you will need to deal with in your specific area and your situation as a licensed applicator or not.