1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Crabgrass 3 tiller

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Athletic field, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I've had great luck with Drive at all tiller stages here. I never use more than the label rate and see response in 4-7 day, dead in 7-10. Maybe CG here has a shorter growing season? IDK Usually starts around July 1 and seeds by Sept 15
  2. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I have mixed results with Drive. Excellent in early and late stages, so-so results in between . . . like now. Usually it'll give a good kill in 7-10 days.

But plant uptake is a big, big factor with Drive. We're back in an extreme to exceptional drought category, with temps around 100 every day. Many herbicides are working slowly.

Drive shows some injury to Tif 419 that takes a longer while to recover in this weather. Usually we only notice the discoloration (a lighter green, and slowed growth) for 10-14 days; now it's a good 21 days to heal.