Crabgrass control and overseeding need help?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AA961JESTER, Mar 12, 2002.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

To put down any pesticide, you must be licensed.

2. AA961JESTER

AA961JESTER LawnSite Member

Please educate me on the license thing. I can buy Lesco pre-emergent at home depot fo 18.95. Who checks for a license. I usually don't do ferts and weed control, but a new customer has such a bad "lawn" he wants me to get it in shape before going with the fert. guy.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Go to Lesco for your Fert. The Home Depot is Lesco Low end Fert. Plus the People at Lesco are great at helping you with any questions.

5. Mike Frins

Mike Frins LawnSite Member

In this case you should apply soil and re-seed ASAP and when the lawn has been cut 2 times put the Pre-em down. If you get some crabgrass just kill it early on before it gets to invasive. Good luck

6. Commander

Commander Banned

How much crabgrass is there? If you have a problem with crabgrass then what you may wish to do is get a hand pressured tank with a non-selective herbicide mixture. Spray the crabgrass in the area, overseed and cut the lawn high. The last thing you would want to do right now is let lots of light down to the soil surface because that is what crabgrass seeds are looking for, is lots of sunlight in order to germinate. For added security put down some Tupersan with your grass seed / starter fert in order to kill off any missed plants.