crabgrass, June 2010

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Jun 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

ton of crabgrass, purslane, and oxalis on all untreated lawns

the good part, many of them will soon be treated lawns

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Tons of CG here...and nut sedge.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Untreated lawns have a LOT of CG. Seems the heat and lack of rainfall has really made a difference. Lawns here are totally dormant and brown if they havent been irrigated. Even lawns with sprinkler systems are going dormant in spots with no rainfall to supplement the usual sprinkler systems water.

Nut sedge started to show up about 3 weeks ago, but it's been difficult to treat given the ridiculously hot weather so far. Worried about burning alrerady very stressed turf. Lokks like the heat will let up this week tho... heat index was over 100 today. Temps were in the low 90's.

4. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

I am seeing not much at all, mainly because in my area it has been 90 plus everyday with no rain at all (.25 inch in the last 3 weeks).

It seems when you are getting rain every once in a while from a t storm it pops up a lot more.

One specific lawn that I have which got it last year petty bad untreated has nothing whatsoever right now still untreated (owner is cheap).

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen a good deal of little crabbies in untreated lawns. I am not seeing anything in my lawns treated with Barricade in April, however. Cross thine fingers hoping I can get a few more months of barrier.....