crabgrass + nutsedge + broadleaves

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 15, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

How many of you "mix" products to kill all three when you spot spray lawns on service calls? (Drive + Manage/Sledgehammer + BWC) plus a spreader/sticker rscvp thanks! :usflag:

2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

I like to complicate things

1 sprayer of drive
    1 sprayer of manage
    1 sprayer of a 3 way broadleaf
    1 sprayer with all three mixed together

I guess thats where the newer products like Q4 come in

3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I just keep Q4 in my backpacks Larry. I absolutely hate having to go go back to the truck to switch out backpacks, because the one I have on my back isn't loaded to control the weed I see at my feet. I'd just rather be able to shoot the weed and keep moving.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks Vic --- I've not used Q4....This shows how much I know. I'll check out the label tonight -- Thanks very much :waving:

5. keastland

keastland LawnSite Member

This is the product that Lesco was pimping to me today. It sounds great, although a little pricey. I think I'm going to try it though because it kills crabgrass, Creeping Charlie, and broadleaf. All of which I have.

So some of you have tried this and like it, huh? Good to know.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder if this would be a good product to use in landscaping instead of Prosecutor? It seems like 90% of the weeds that come up are some type of broadleaf or Nutsedge.

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I started using Q4 last year. This is an excellent product. It cleans out crabgrass better than Drive alone. It also burns down yellow nutsedge fast. Plus it literally fries broadleafs. Sit down and figure out how much a cocktail of Drive, Sedgehammer, three-way and methylated seed oil will cost, I think you'll find Q4 isn't really all that expensive.

8. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly...people get hung up on "it's how much a gallon?," when they need to see that Drive + Manage + Threeway + sticker is in some cases more expensive. Q4 has been a good tool for us this year. The thing I noticed the most is, because it's water based, the coverage is excellent. It seems like with Drive, even with sticker or seed oil, it beads up on the leaves, where the Q4, the leaves are wet wherever you spray.

9. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

So what time of year do you'll start spraying Q4?

Ive never used this product but it seem like a product I would only use in the summer. Thats when the crabgrass and sedge starts to pop up.

Just trying to find out when you'll use this product.

10. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

q4 139 a gallon in grandveiw