1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

crabgrass/power edge

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Dec 30, 2006.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

So some of my clients power edge and some have contractors do it. This destroys the crabgrass control along the edge. Usually. I think I have seen some serious cases of this problem. I apply crabgrass control to my various clinets properties from about March 15 to April 30. But...what to do. Should I ask them to skip power-edging entirely? Skip till August? Skip till July? Is it OK in cool months like May?

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Ask that they get a good edge started in mid February & call you after their first pass.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

We apply pre-ems to all our clients edges - most of whom edge. We don't have any problems, you'd think it would be a problem, but it isn't.:confused:
    our mowing crew edges.

4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We spot treat with liquid Dimension when mow guy or homeowner gets edge happy and brings on crabgrass. Also use growth regulators on so special situations to slow edge regrowth.