Crabgrass with Truegreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jonspolaris, Jul 27, 2005.

1. jonspolaris

jonspolaris LawnSite Member

I Went to my moms condo and noticed that they have a considerable amount of crabgrass all over the subdivision. This is something that has came with in the last two weeks. When I was there the president of the association was talking to the Guy from Trugree about it. He said all there accounts have it and there is nothing that can be done. He said that they have a spray for it, but it will yellow the lawns too. The lawns are very well irrigated. I know they have had Trugreen for many years. We are located in se Michigan
    Is telling the truth or blowing smoke? I thought it was controllable with the correct pre-emergance?
    Today he was applying a 30-0-6 fert, so Im sure the grass will grow like crazy now.

Thanks

2. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

YOU CAN SPRAY FOR THE CRABGRASS NOW. THEY JUST DONT WANT TO BECAUSE IT WILL COST THEM MONEY. BUT THEY DID A FERTILIZER SO THEY CAN BILL FOR THAT :rolleyes: SPRAYING FOR THE CRABGRASS MAY YELLOW THE LAWN A LITTLE BUT IF ITS IRRIGATED AND FERTILIZED IT WILL BOUNCE RIGHT BACK

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

blowing smoke up u like u r a chimney
    they just went light on the pre emergent in the spring and now it shows

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Smoke signals.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple lawns treated by trugreen and scotts and in the past week or two i noticed crabgrass growing like wildfire.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Acclaim or Drive 75. The problem is, is the cost factor. They would have to purchase alot and singal out the jobs that need iot. They are not prepared to do this type of service. It woould be too specialized for them to do. This is a good example of just how generic they are. So much for the "formulated for YOUR lawn" bit.

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Ther'e is nothing, i mean nothing about the above named lawn care company ( so called) that woul'd shock or surprise me, NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor service,poor quality,clueless feild people, it just goe's on & on!

8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

To spray or not to spray?

I sprayed a lot of Drive last year, and then had customers complain about bare spots....

9. jonspolaris

jonspolaris LawnSite Member

Thanks, should I tell them that I want them to put on Acclaim because they dident put on enough Pre-emergence.
    The guy from Tru-green said that ALL of his customers have crabgrass. He made it sound like you cant do anything about it and we should just live with it.
    He does know it is irrigated.

10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Hate to day it but alot of my lawns have crabbgrass in them this year also. I used Dimension at the highest labeled rate but with all the rain we have had this year there is break through. I will be spot spraying Drive in the next week or so to take care of it. :dizzy: