1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by BostonBull, Aug 12, 2008.

1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Bill, sounds good on the liquid CGM. Will it sell as liters or 5 gallon jugs? That's why I didn't use CGM this year, blowing 2/3 of my N in spring when I need very little then.
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Well 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters, almost 4 liters

5 gallons would be 18.9270589 liters or 18000.9 sq ft roughly
  3. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully you'll have it in 55 gallon drums or bulk totes.
  4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

6600K x ............ or the train tanker.lolol. how bad is this going to hurt the budget????or are we on the corn roller-coaster??? can it be stored??? maybe a hedge against $$ inflation???
  5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Cinnamin bark works as a post-emergent crabgrass killer. Just dust it onto wet leaves. It does work but I haven't tried it on various lawns yet to see if it is safe for kbg,fescues, or the ryes.
  6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Shelf life should be well over a year, testing coming back in a couple weeks, we should be able to start shipping by the end of September
    we are working out the details on production as we speak, we are actually waiting for the corn crop to begin to come in, we should see the prices lower once they decide whether its a bumper crop year or not

We will have a much better handle on pricing and delivery at the beginning of September
  7. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

NattyLawn did you see my question about the Green Guardian and spot spraying?How do you ship a 55 gallon drum and what would the cost be?

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Every time I attend a conference and I see someone speaking about corn gluten I always have to sit and listen, and the one thing I always notice is they always say similar things, and usually it's something like this...If you go with two applications at a high enough rate you can amazingly get 75-80% crabgrass control, do these guys realize a lawn with 20% crabgrass is more than likely the worst looking lawn in the neighborhood.
  9. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I find it hard to believe that the organic guys still consider CORN products "green"; considering the fact that it is grown using synthetic urea shipped to us from the other side of the planet.
  10. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

you see what i mean! the corn thing is so BS every one gets it, well every one except IS, they are trying to build a new wing with it