Crabgrass!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sglawn, Jul 23, 2004.

1. sglawn

sglawn LawnSite Member

I have a problem. This has to do with my own yard. Last fall I re-sowed my whole yard. It was all turf type fescue and looked amazing! My neighbor has nothing but weeds and mainly crabgrass. The side of my yard that butts up to his yard is getting crabgrass growing in it. Weed-B-Gon kills it sometimes, but i was wondering if any of you guys had good suggestions on getting rid of the crabgrass. I appreciate any replies!

2. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Get a product called MSMA. Found at Home Depot. Very toxic..wont kill bermuda but read the label for what you have. The only stuff I have found that worked well.

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Make sure to apply preemmergent in the spring.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Both are good advice, but msma will harm fescue. Lesco sells a product called Drive 75F, but its $100 for 16oz, but that will treat a lot when spot spraying.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What highgrass said and if it comes up later ORTHO Weed -B-Gone. It does nut grass too in fescue. GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!
    John

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Use DRIVE mixed with spread sticker and it will kill your crabgrass for post emergence. For pre-emergence use Dimension or some type of other product in early spring & again if you want for your second app. Lastly if you have Nutsedge, Use Manage, it works great on sedge.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Can you get that at a retailer store????

John

8. rob1325

NO, but your local Lesco dealer or any good commercial outfitter may.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Rob
    I dont think he has a license.
    John

10. rob1325

Good point there.