1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, What should I use to get rid of the crabgrass in my lawn & can I do it this time of the year? Thanks

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

It is either dead or dying, not sure in your zone. In mine it is long gone. Treat in March/APril with a preemergent. Make sure what you are looking at is actually crabgrass. I bet it isn't.

3. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

If it's a bad case of crabgrass, you might want to consider pre-m or light dimension in your first two apps, early spring and spring.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

It should be killed with the first frost. If you can't wait, spray it with Drive (Quinclorac) it should be dead within 2 weeks.

Make sure you are not looking at tall fescue or goosegrass.

5. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Use Drive with even mature crabgrass will work well, but yoo can let it die itself. Best tactic this time of year would be to build the existing grass by pushing the fertility so that these areas will fill back in once crabgrass has died off. Then use a split app of dimension in the spring and late spring to get year long control over the problem.

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Like everyone else said.....its dead here now and get pre emergent down in the spring....dimension or something similar...