Craftsman 33inch walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Apr 13, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

hey all I no your not all big fans of craftsman but I was looking at the new craftsman 33inch zero turn walk behind I would only be cutting about 3 lawns a week with it
    I normally stick with may two hondas but i got a few bigger lawns. I wanted to know how the bagging system worked etc. please let me know your opinions. thanks brad
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw it the other day when looking through a Sears flyer, and can tell you right now, the thing will be a joke. You would be much better off buying a used 32" or 36" Bob-Cat, Scag, eXmark, ect.
  3. waltslawn

waltslawn LawnSite Member

i got the 33 in. billy goat is heavy cuts great.and has a 5 speed fw. and reverse.i love it.and got it brand new for a grand here in indy.i dont know if they have any left.but it will last me a life-time.good luck
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

you had me at you call 3 lawns a week commerical mowing?
  5. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

6. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

Who cares? Brad said he added a few bigger lawns; so that probably means he had one lawn; and has now tripled his business. At this stage why would he need to drop 5K in something overkill when he can spend 1K on something decent that wouldn't break for a while doing just 3 yards.

I do agree with procut about finding a good used unit though; especially if there are dealers around you for any of them. A used "good" comm. unit should easily outperform & outlast a "good" new craftsman.

If you plan on adding more lawns than what you have currently I'd shy away from Sears; but if this is just 3 yards a week for some extra $ do whatever.
  7. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

I do hope you guy do know that MTD makes the Craftsman mowers. The same people that make the Cub tank, Troy Bilt tillers, ect.

(I am not saying that a Craftsman is the same as a Tank)
  8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Homeowner stuff is just that. You will be sorry if you buy this.
  9. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Wecome Waltslawn........I'm from Indy too. What side of town are you on?
    South side here.:waving:
  10. waltslawn

waltslawn LawnSite Member

i am on the west side here speedway area.i work from the track out to brownsburg,avon and clermont area.if it would stop raining i could get some work done.i have some yards i havnt even got to because of standing water.and i have a good 4 days of tilling and grading seed and straw.
    how about you?raingot you down too.