Craftsman Lawnmowers with Honda Engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by relakst, Apr 9, 2004.

1. relakst

relakst LawnSite Member
    from Canada

2. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Looks good to me how big is the bag ?? and how hard is it going to be to empty.

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

craftsman=boat anchor!

4. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Boat anchors come in handy on the Wet Coast.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Decent engine on a sub-par deck.

6. relakst

relakst LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Further investigation reveals that the deck is a Husqvarna which is one in the same with the John Deere. Only you pay WAY more for the DEERE (almost twice the price). So, yeah! I'm buying it!!!

7. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Are those tires plastic??? Hmm...not a good sign.

8. relakst

relakst LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Ha! No, they are RUBBER!!! This is quality! Like I say... it is a John Deere/ Husqvarna deck with a new 6.5 Honda engine... same as what Honda is using on their new lawnmowers! Nothing runs like a.................................................. Craftsman!!!

9. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, nothing runs like a CRAPSMAN. I hate all of there stuff. Never had any luck with them, neither has any one I know.

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

A couple of years ago, i would say just buy top of the line, which is still recommended, but after being in biz for 6 years, do whatever you gotta do to make money. I sometimes see huge companies with 7 guys, and beautiful dumptrucks, with not top line equipment such as the push mowers.
    buy the best you can afford, if its this mower and you think its quality, score.
    right now i have lawnboys, but for a back up, I'd rather not spend $800 if i can get a decent mower for alot less.