Craftsman Lt2000 Lawn tractor Backfireing

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by magnificentmowing, Jul 1, 2012.

1. magnificentmowing

magnificentmowing LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Hello Everyone
    I'm Nicholas. And I have been having problems with my Craftsman tractor. I really want a SCAG V-Ride stander. But i don't have a whole lot of capital. Anyway i need to get this running again... (I'm a college kid mowing 6-7 yards). This is my first season. My stepfather changed the sparkplug, put on a new air filter on, cleaned out the fuel line, and put starting fluid in. The throttle and choke are combined and when there in the up position the motor usually does not catch. When its in the normal operating position the engine backfires. When the airfilter is off then the motor shoots flame out the carb. So i worked on it tonight and sprayed carb cleaner on it. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the carb. I would love some advice! Shoot me a like on facebook >http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magnificent-Mowing/338225919533152

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Dutch is trying to tell you to provide specific model and serial numbers as well as as many details as possible regarding the problem and what you've done to fix it.

I'm sure he'll like you on Facebook, though! :laugh:

4. dutch1

from Jayhawk

dboyd, I believe he made another separate post with the info.

5. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, thanks Dutch.

6. dutch1

from Jayhawk

dboyd,

Here's the scoop in his second post on the matter, in case you had an interest.

No Facebook, no Tweets but I can Toot.:laugh: