1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

craftsman mower ??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by backtobasicslawncare, Jun 26, 2007.

1. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

i have craftsman that is somewhat junk. what cause the engine not to run. the engines will not turn over and startup.

thanks for help.
    michael

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

You may need to give a bit more info, there are alot of things that could be wrong with it.

3. backtobasicslawncare

from TN

i go to start it up and turn the key the engine will just not start. it has gas and oil in there.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

You might check your fuses. I had the same problem that you are describing with my Craftsman 22hp 42" and thought it was the battery, but it turned out to be a fuse. About a $2.00 fix. Hope this helps.

5. backtobasicslawncare

from TN

i checked my fuse. its the only mowers i use right now to cut grass with it has the good blades on them. i still love my troy-bilt mower. i just need to get it running again.

thanks (All_Toro_4ME)

6. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

If it's that important, take it to a repair shop.

If you can't afford one, either you are not charging enough or you are new.

If you are new, go talk to some repair shops, sometimes if you become friends and help them out when they need help, they'll turn around and fix your machine. Hell, you might even learn a thing or two about repairing when hanging around there.

:)

7. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Check to see if it has fire, if it does, your carb might need rebuilt. If it doesnt you might need a new plug or set of points.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

take it to the shop and be done with it

9. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. If you can't tell us enough about it here, how can we help you.

10. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You say it won't turn over. So it is most likely the starting system. Look at the battery, starter, and ignition.