craftsman professional 33 inch mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larrylaverne, Dec 12, 2009.

1. larrylaverne

larrylaverne LawnSite Member

i'm looking at the craftsman 33"professional grade walk behind mower (yellow/black) salesman says made by bobcat,anyone got one of these?how do you like it ? i cut with the red 33" its ok now after a new trans ,new cables, new deck, one year old unit.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The equipment grade you'd be looking for is commercial, not professional,
    a lot of times professional grade simply means near or top of the line homeowners.

Granted Stihl isn't helping with their "pro" line of tools, but seriously look for commercial grade.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  3. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

It depends the use you are going to put on the mower, I think it is ok to use it if u only need it to get into back yards that are gated and something like your heavier machine wont fit, and because its rare, there is no need to justify buying a 4K 36" walkbehind for occasional use....thats what I do, I have my walkers, but where they dont fit a run a good craftsmans (22") but I have been thinking about that same mower for the money, it is ;less than 1/3 the price of a new walkbehind

4. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

:hammerhead:if you are a pro cutter or landscaper, then why the hell are you shopping in sears for equipment!

5. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

There are 3 very similar models of the 33". The Craftsman, the Cub Cadet, and the Troy Bilt. They are junkers made for homeowner use, I would stay away period. They will end up costing you more time and a lot more work. My dad owned one for awhile to maintain a couple of his properties but we sold the piece of crap.

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I also believe your "salesman" fed you incorrect info. The 36" wal is the one OEM'd by Bobcat. The 33 is made by MTD and as stated is the same as Cub/Troy Built. I believe there are a couple on here that have the 36 and have had decent luck with them. You should be able to get parts/service from any Bobcat dealer.

7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

The red 33" Craftsman is the same mower as the Troybilt and the CubCadet Timesaver. The Craftsman Pro model 33" is not even close to these models. It is a diffrent mower entirely. I have seen it and I do believe Bobcat makes it. It is worth 1300 bucks and has many features of a commercial mower. For a solo operator it is a good mower for gated back yards. These 33" mowers can replace your 20'' mower in most circumstances and can save alot of time. I have enough money tied up in my 2 larger mowers and all of my handhelds to spend another small fortune for any mower smaller than 36" to be used 5X a week.

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

The red one comes in yellow as well.

yellow
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...+Lawn+Mowers&sName=Self-Propelled+Lawn+Mowers

red
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...+Lawn+Mowers&sName=Self-Propelled+Lawn+Mowers

Both are junk here is a craftsman that is better then the two above but still wouldn't be my choice.
    [​IMG]

9. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I personally would say to steer away from anything at Sears, Home Depot, or Lowe's. Just my opinion.