Craftsman "Professional" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TomberLawn, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Now, don't pick on me yet, I'm not about to buy one. I just wondered if anybody had seen these in Sears lately. 52", 26hp Briggs ELS, $6299. I think that is a bit pricey for a mower with no commercial history. If it was just under $5000, I could see some part-timers getting one, but you can get a brand-name commercial mower for less than $6300. I wonder who is manufacturing this mower for Craftsman. Any ideas?

Craftsman mower.jpg

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Thats expensive for a cheap person

3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Havent seen one of those yet but I saw the WB they had. About 1100 dollars for it.

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Walkbehinds are becomeing like Dino's, I have mine in storage, research shows they cause fatigue & increased injuries, Quoted from Workmen Comp Claim Data.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It kinda looks like a Black Rock, Landscaper Supply type of Chinese import. Both of those companies were "importing" ZTRs a while back. It might be that someone dusted off the prints and slapped the Craftsman name on them. I'm probably wrong.

6. 1080p

1080p LawnSite Member

I have heard that craftsman is coming out with a "pro" series line. Talked to my local rep for various product and that got brought up.

He said that the same manufactor of the Lesco brand is in the mix.

nothing like competition to keep the prices in check

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I too think that its a copy of the Black Rock ZTR. Strange they put the deck lift peddal on the left side.

8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

It is a bobcat!

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't flame me down. For res. use only, there tractors have always held up OK. After cutting with a 36"WB all day, the last thing I want to do is use that for my 2 acres that need mowed. My tractor is over 5 years old and never has been to the shop once. I don't know about the other stuff but Craftsman tractors are a good piece of equipment for res. use.