Craftsman Professional ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wils124, Jul 14, 2008.

1. wils124

wils124 LawnSite Member

I was walking through Sears the other day and saw that they were having a blow out on the Craftsman professional ZTR. I believe the price was around $5200. Anyone tried one?

2. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

havent tried the ztr, but i do use a craftsman wb and its built pretty solid. like i said, havent used (or even seen for that matter) one of their ztr's.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

for 5200 you could find a nice used high end ZTR.

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Its basically a bobcat. But buy from a real dealer for dealer support.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I personally wouldn't use one....just my opinion. I don't think it would really hold up. But I guess it depends on how many lawns you are doing.

6. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Craftsman Professional ZTR, now that's an oxymoron.

7. lightninlawn1978-2008

lightninlawn1978-2008 LawnSite Member

I PERSONALLY TESTED ONE OF THESE AND FOR A SMALL LAWN SERVICE IT WOULD WORK OK, GET EXTENDED WARANTY FOR 289 FOR 3 YRS , I DID NOT BUY IT I INSTEAD BOUGHT A BAD BOY FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY 60 INCH 26 HORSE BRIGGS { EXACT SAME ENGINE AS CRAFTSMAN PRO] BIGGER CUT, 60 INCH, IT HAS FUSION BLADES VERY GOOD SMOOTH CUT, ELECTRIC DECK LIFT, BAD BOY LOOKS COOL , HAD IT 2 MONTHS LIKE IT A LOT. PRICE..4999, YOU MIGHT WANT TO AT LEAST LOOK AT A BAD BOY FIRST. THEY WILL LET ANYONE LOT DRIVE THEIR STUFF ,AND YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PET DOG IN THE STORE WITH YOU! LOTS OF LUCK ON YOUR PURCHASE..gg

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

either way you look at it theres no warranty on spindles or any type of things like that unless you have a dealer support good luck with the bad boy you might want to find out if you can register that with bad boy for all the warranties

9. lightninlawn1978-2008

THEY REALLY DO RUN BETTER THAN YOU MIGHT THINK, THERE ARE MORE MACHINES THAN JUST THE WELL KNOWN ONES,,AND SEARS WILL BACK UP THEIR STUFF,

10. lightninlawn1978-2008

I BOUGHT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ON MY BAD BOY FOR 300 THEY COME FROM LOUISVILLE TO MY FARM AND FIX IT OR TAKE IT AND FIX IT AND GIVE ME A LOANER IF ITS GONE MORE THAN THREE DAYS,IT HAS THE SAME BRAND COMMERCIAL SPINDLES AS MY EXMARK AND MY ONLY FRIGHT ABOUT IT WAS THE HYDROS,,I MAY REGRET GETTING IT BUT I COULD NOT SEE PAYING 8000 FOR AN EXMARK, I WANTED ANOTHER ONE BUT ITS OK, MY OLD EXMARK IS ONE FAST MACHINE STILL AND ITS FASTER THAN BAD BOY, BUT BAD BOY HAS A BETTER CUT..IT HAS A GREAT DECK ON IT,,WISH ME LUCK ON LONG LIVE THE CHEAPO BAD BOY...