1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craftsman walk behind mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by morray1, May 3, 2008.

1. morray1

morray1 LawnSite Member

I have a Craftsman walk behind mower Model #917.377290 that I can no longer get parts for. Mower was bought in 1997. Nice mower for the trim guys. I hate to get rid of it. Does anyone know who made these mowers for Sears? Maybe I could get parts through them. Or is there a web site that provides a generac replacement part? Thanks!
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

What parts are you needing?
  3. morray1

morray1 LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what parts I haven't got it apart yet. I wanted to make sure I could get parts before wasting my time taking it apart. I do know the problem is in the direct drive. It all started grinding and then locked up. I'm guessing maybe the helical or worm gear in the gearcase. I had the same kind of problem with one of my big Ariens snowblowers this winter.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

OK. Might check with Oscar Wilson for some of those parts.
  5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the sears stuff was made by AYP/Husqvarna.
    Apparently, sears is no longer supporting this model with online lookup.
    Take your drive unit to a Husky dealer and see if you can get a hand there.
  6. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

187211 is the trans number for this model. It's a pretty common part that's readily available. I cant imagine why you're having issues finding it. I work for SHC.

The online lookup may not be working fine, but when I look it up with our inhouse parts system it comes right up.
    Good luck.