1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craig's List Ad.....what do ya think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

It's free so it can't hurt and it's not like it took me more than five minutes. But what do you think about the content. I was a little iffy about "starting at $35" but I figured when I look at craig'slist, its just like Ebay I wanna see a price........and I figured it can't really do me any harm but I would love some input.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

hmmm...never tought about doin that. i guess its not too bad.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i put a listing on craigs list too. you never know you might land the big one.
  4. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

I also posted on craigslist, I was wondering do you have to post everyday or is there a way to post where it will show up everyday. I know that when you do a search on the site it brings up the most current posts. So I have been reposting everyday, so I am one of the first they see.
  5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I've posted different ads on Cragslist for several years now and you will get several clients from each ad but I wouldn't expect hugh numbers. Craigslist list is usually full of price shoppers.
    Let us know how well it works for you.
  6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

That's exactly my experience with Craigslist too. I have obtained a few good customers out of it, but there are a LOT of price shoppers who don't want to pay what I charge.

But hey it's free, so what the hey.
  7. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I advertise on craiglist. I get a few calls here and there, but hey, its free. I have a friend in the handyman business, he gets all his work from there.
  8. lawnboy150

lawnboy150 LawnSite Member

I was surprised to learn how many people use craigslist....I felt like I was the only one who didnt!!! good idea.
  9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I use it differently.

I've never got work from it, but sold lots of stuff. Great for selling things - Model A engine for someone, my mom's big 30' trailer, etc..

But work - nothing, whereas my website brings work locally. Even out of state people find me and hire me to do their mothers yards. And then there are the locals.

I put a Craigslist Ad in Services, and list my Certifications, and post some images, so that the other services advertising will see what their competition is.

That's why I keep posting the Website threads in Business and the Website section is to encourage a bunch of people to take the leap and get their sites going.

I'm so glad the Lewis Landscape Services helped me to get the ball rolling for my site. Once I had one, I thought "why did I ever wait". They are great tools.
  10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Last month I did and got one call so far, but I will be posting again soon as we still have about a foot of snow still:cry: But make sure you post in the right one and not in the "services" area:laugh: