1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craigs List Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gll, Dec 19, 2007.

1. gll

gll LawnSite Member

Who adverstises on Craigs List? What kind of responses do you get?
  2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I tried it a couple of times. The biggest price shoppers in the world! They will send you an email and ask you to come out and give them a quote.......they tell you what they need how many people they have bidding and they don't even want to meet face to face with you!

That's been my experience!
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i don't have much luck with advertising lawn mowing on there. but hey it's free.

i've had good luck with some other stuff i needed to sell. i'm currently interested buying a sofa that was origionally $2500 selling for $1000 so i might have to go check that out.
  4. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

i tried it i didnt get any bites from it but you never know unless you try and its free so nothing to lose but a few mins of your time
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

there are already a couple of people advertising there. They say they will beat anyones price. Wait until the economy REALLY takes a dive. Everyone and their brother will be advertising ridiculously low prices for mowing on Craigslist and everywhere else.
  6. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Not worth it, IMO.

1) Price shoppers!!
    2) hard to get someone in your target area
    3) Low budget appearance since its free advertising
  7. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like an amateurish way to advertise to me.
  8. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Price shoppers!
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, very price sensitive for services on CL. Cheap and shady people a lot of the time.

But I've had two good buying experiences from there. i found both the air compressors that we use for blowing out sprinkler systems on CL. They are the tow behind Ingersoll Rands. Good finds.
  10. Littletruck

Littletruck LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

It's better exposure for larger jobs that the guy with the mower just cant handle.