1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craigs List

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkingforever, Mar 9, 2008.

1. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Bumping around CL the other day and went under "Household Services". There was alot of mowing services in there. I didnot want to advertise my company there. So I just posted a small ad without my company name just saying "Lawncare services offered" with the area I live in. I don't think I will get much response from it, but atleast I am there just in case.
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seven or eight craigslist ads that I keep updated every day, so there is always one near the top of the list. It has resulted in a lot of calls but mostly from folks who are looking to spend almost nothing. I have signed up a few customers from my ads and since it is free I just keep on posting.
  3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted on CL when I first got started. Almost everyone was looking for cheap service and bi-weekly mowing. I don't offer either one. I viewed it as a learning experience, not a waste of time.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I do Craigslist - it is free, why not.
    I do anticipate (and have already gotten) el-cheapos looking for the $15/cut blue light special....
    But again, its free - why not?
  5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, i also advertise on craigslist. I have made multiple email addys so i can post in more then 1 category a day. I just point them to my website.
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I advertise on there, no response/s yet though
  7. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I posted an add on craig's list and got one call. Turns out to be one of my best customers, and even got a refferal from them this spring for a clean up at one of thier friends houses... well worth the 5 minutes in my opinion... got another one up this year, if I get the same response I'll be estatic!