craigslist ad you might want to read

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Infinity Landscapes Inc, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

Infinity Landscapes Inc LawnSite Member

found this add on craigs list. Check out the spelling etc no lic # etc
    LAWN CARE & MAINTENANCE - $130 (ALL AREAS PORTLAND & METRO AREA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2009-09-29, 4:45PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-myjt3-1398841648@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI NEED HELP WITH YOUR LANDSCAPE & MAINTENANCE WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU CALL 503-885-9802
    QUALITY WORK & FAIR PRICES
    COMMERCIAL & RESIDENCIAL / APARTMENTS LOW PRICES
    SERVICES
    YARD & PLANT CARE
    MOWING & EDGING
    FERTILIZATION
    PRUNING
    WEED CONTROL
    MOSS CONTROL
    WEEDING
    LAW AERATION
    RAKING
    BLOWING
    HEDGING
    LAW REPAIR
    SOD REMOVAL
    SOD INSTALLATION
    SEED
    FALL CLEAN UP
    TREE REMOVAL
    RETAINING WALL
    PATIOS /STEPS
    TREE TRIMMING
    BARCK DUST SPREADING
    REMOVAL BUSHES & SHRUBS
    LAY BARK & GRAVEL
    STUMP GRINDING
    GUTTER CLEANING
    & MUCH MORE..
    WE OFFER ONE TIME CLEAN UP /WEEKLY & MONTHLY
    QUALITY WORK & FAIR PRICES
    ATT-ROBERT 503-885-9802 WE GUARRNANTY THE WORK THANKYOU ...

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

What's wrong with it, no price listed so he's not lowballing, and I don't list my lic number in my ads either.

Low prices can mean anything.

Don't rip him until you know the whole story
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

well there are a few things that could be at ???. the retaining wall part the stump grinding, sod installation. these do need an LCB or a CCB which when doing any add's, require the lic, number if you are a lic, landscaper or contractor. BUT all the others don't need one. the sod you can only do 500 dollars labor and material combined or less without a lic, not sure what he means by law aeration and law repair, he might be referring to the 500 limit

4. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

thats right you need lic # if you are advertizing for patios etc maint needs no lic # just thought the add was a little off on spelling etc like guarrnanty the work. needs better spell checking etc. never said any thing aboat lowballing but if thats what he charges for maintenance with all the maint. stuff included then I will higher him to do my work and then take my cut.

5. FYS777

hey, how is buis, over in Tigard ?

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I guess every state is different, you don't have to list any licenses when advertising in DE, except for pesticides, and thats not really enforced.

7. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

hey buis is doing pretty good how about you in bend? do you know of landescapes in bend?

8. FYS777

things are very well and busy, but over here the cold is taking affect, spiting snow today so everything will fall off fast now. i have seen the name, but don't know them personally. this year has been good, but i have heard that some have decreased in business, and laying off workers.

9. FYS777

some are all ready blowing out systems for winter..:(:(

10. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

Lots of lay off here in town and people shutting down the construction side. Maint has been the bread and butter this year. I will be heading for Lake billy Chinook to winterize the cabin for the year. do you do maint or const? see ya