Craigslist feedback

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Have you guys had any success posting craigslist ads for your business? I tend to think that the response wouldn't be great and the response would also be from bargrain hunters.

Let me know what has worked or not worked for you. What kind of ads did you run on there? Did you run professional looking ads or just run a couple lines of text with your number and website. Is my thinking correct about a low response and the response being the customers you don't want anyway?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I posted an ad on there this morning. I don't expect much, if anything at all.
    And I would be SHOCKED if we actually obtained a good customer from it.

I ran an unconventional ad, just for the heck of it. Just to try to stand out from the other masses where everything sounded the same.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

works from time to time, its hit or miss.

4. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

5. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

nothing yet this year with it.

Past Ive gotten $100 15 minute jobs and Ive gotten jobs that was $5k+

its hit and miss with it, lately more miss......

6. mrlandscaper

mrlandscaper LawnSite Member

All I have got so far was spam and one guy that called me asking if I was hiring.

7. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

I gets tons of work from Craig's re hauling jobs. I post under the Labor/Moving section. I try to repost every week.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't had success yet, but plan using it much more this year. Actually I had 1 quote for a job, but it was way to far for me to drive.

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i can't stand craplist....i put an add on there last year...i still get spam email from it >.<..and i never got a customer from it

10. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

Nice website link from your add on CL. I use Craigslist and yes I do get spam but have acquired half my customers from CL. From CL comes word of mouth. You can't beat free advertisement.