Craigslist

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GMLC, Jul 1, 2010.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Im going to toss this one out there. What are your thoughts on listing services on craigslist?

2. Mjben08

Mjben08 LawnSite Member

its free...picked up 3 yards in two weeks. Even if you dont it didnt cost you.

3. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I'm cheap.....

4. mbrew

mbrew LawnSite Senior Member

Granted its not much, but 90% of my business has come from Craigs List.

5. I LOVE IT. Ive got a template that i have saved on Word- copy it, paste it, and make up a snappy headline- 1 minute and i ALWAYS am getting new customers and jobs from it. Im DEFINITELY downsizing my paid yellowpages advertising next year, and hitting craigslist harder than i am this year. Before you ask, i know what leads come from craigslist, as opposed to yp cuz of emails or ppl say it. Its FREE.... and EASY!

6. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

It is free and 1/2 of my customers came from Craigs List. The only down fall to Craigs List is I receive calls every week from people trying to get me to advertise in their publication or use their service to find additional customers. I still use Craigs List every week and it brings me customers.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that's the very reason I stopped using it. SPAM

8. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on Craigslist and you will have plenty of reading on this subject........

9. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

I have gotten a few good customers from cl.You will get some spam calls and some tire kickers though,but its free.

10. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be honest, I've had the yellowbook ads for $150 month and etc.. and by far my most successful means of advertising have been the FREE methods like Craiglist.org and such.... Craiglist customers have all been great customers as well...