Craigslist....?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GrimsleysLawnCare, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I post on skilled trade and farm n garden. I have gotten everything from $300 cleanups, to $150 a month maintenance, to a $10k water feature.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

How do you like that Snapper Pro?

3. GrimsleysLawnCare

GrimsleysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Have not posted in that section yet, although I just checked it out and no local lawncare adds there... needless to say I am working on one now! Thanks!!!

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i got mine for around 900 too. it had come from Home depot tool rental. its an 08 and it works out well.

5. GrimsleysLawnCare

That is where that company buys theirs from. He told me he buys from all over the country while I was there I sat my eyes on a Toro Dingo with all the attachments.... I fell in love!!!

6. GrimsleysLawnCare

It is a 48" snapper pro 600fx kacut I live in Soddy Daisy along the foot of the mountains. Soddy is 25 min out of Chattanooga so I have some steep hills I have mowed. With that being said it can do anything the exmark walk behinds can do or better!!!!!! It has a wider wheel base and bigger tires. Also snapper pro has the fx kawi option where the exmark does not the fx is supposed to be a better motor than the fs. When it comes time to get another wb it will be snapper pro. plus they are cheaper than exmark :)

7. Scotty B's Lawn Svc

Scotty B's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

8. inzane

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/3631243872.html <---- here is an ad i saw the other day that had me shaking my head a bit, i mean.. I am pretty sure i've seen these guys around my area for the past few years. I do not understand how it is possible to stay in business with these prices. I wonder what any lawn, any size, no estimate necessary really means.

9. Scotty B's Lawn Svc

Scotty B's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

10. inzane

thats rough. but i defeintly lol'd out loud after i read this part..

We are beating all Other So-Called Landscapers on Price & Service

year after after they come and go , We will be here this and next

the lowest i've seen here is $15.00 cuts. and there is a guy every year on clist in fall doing $25.00 aerations