Craigslist....?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GrimsleysLawnCare, Mar 12, 2013.

1. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

For someone like myself who has never done it I think its worth a shot. With any advertising its all in how you present yourself.

As far as no high end clients looking on here I can't honestly say that's true because I don't know. I'll take the next step down client if they have work that needs to be done and are willing to pay for it.

I think I'm going to give it a try this Spring.

Thanks for bringing it up.

2. GrimsleysLawnCare

GrimsleysLawnCare LawnSite Member

They must only have fuel expenses and oil... I didn’t see anything about being licensed or insured. What does there work look like I bet it looks crappy when they leave
    the site.

3. GrimsleysLawnCare

I am 22 and hard headed my Dad is the one who got me to doing this. I started listening and I have had calls from people that live in 250k homes to 500k but I have also had calls where I drive by the house and never stop and if I do I give them tripple the price cause it looks like to much of a hastle. I have gotten calls from areas that I dont service either. I try to keep my work as close to my house as possible.

This is my newest add in skilled and trade services

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3677450467

I post in farm and grarden, labor and moving, and skilled and trade now as well.

I post everyday at least twice or more trying to keep myself at the top of the list. Some people are lazy and will only call the first person they click on.

4. Mayers

Mayers LawnSite Member
    from PA

I use Craigslist, started getting phone calls this week. :) Seems to be a good tool in my area.

5. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

6. GrimsleysLawnCare

You cover all the bases and show pictures of your work. Its a great add!! One thing you might would like to do which I just started doing is provide the link to your facebook on there. You mention your on facebook so make it easy for them to just click and go to it from craigslist. Most people are to lazy to go look you up.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grimsleys-Lawn-Care/385244988200851
    like my page and ill return the favor as well

7. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

8. RMLC_BZN

RMLC_BZN LawnSite Member

Craigslist is awesome, I'm on there all the time. I probably get 4 or 5 calls a week from it. I try and weed out the pita customers as I have gotten a few from craigslist. I laughed when I read that craigslist doesn't bring in any high end properties. Last year I got a call from craigslist to mow for some guy. When I first pulled into his drive way the home owner was taking off in his helicopter from the front lawn of his million dollar house.

9. torquelandscaping

torquelandscaping LawnSite Member

I post on CL a few times a week and get decent responses from it. Doing a retaining wall next Sat from a CL customer. Also from 500k+ home.

10. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm having trouble getting my ad to repost everyday. I have tried the edit feature and then I saw a renew button and I clicked that but its only worked once.

What am I doing wrong?