cramming for applicators license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jerry Andersen, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

I'm in ohio cramming for test I would like to take it on the 29th any pointers

2. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Jerry, I have a full-proof method that I used during my years of nursing school taking some pretty in depth tests on pharmacology and microbiology and things like that that I had absolutely no idea about. Sit down and start at the beginning of the information that you DO NOT know. For every item you don't know, write it out in question form. Use multiple choice or fill in the blank. Multiple choice worked fine for me. This works especially well for chemical names and drug names, things that are foreign to us. After you are finished, you may have 10, 20 or more pages of questions. Just make sure you cover everything you need to know for the test. Then, begin taking the test. Do it over and over and over. You might fail completely at first but eventually, you will begin to get the anwsers right. As you do, remove those questions from the test. You'll get to where you recognize the correct answer and blaze through the test. I guarantee this will work, but you may have to take your own "test" for days. Use word on your computer. It's easier to remove questions and make changes. I sometimes took these tests20 or 30 times but eventually, it stuck. I finished 2nd in the class by the way, and I'm pretty dense. lol Good luck. Ben

3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Find someone you can use as a mentor and learn all you can from them. Good luck finding anyone like that. :laugh:

Vic

4. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

hey jerry, i just took my ohio test 2 months ago. i was really worried from what i heard from everyone but it's not that bad. the core is mostly common scense. the turf was a little harder i had to use my head a little on that one.and i failed 6a the first time.came back and went over the book some more and passed it. just study the books they gave you and dont sweat it,you'll do fine

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Belive me guys, Jerry will do just fine. He's just nervous like we all were before we took the exams. I've been grilling him and he rarely misses any of the questions he's likely to be asked on the test.

Vic

6. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

and being nervous is expected. i was all shook up right up until i sat down and seen the test and then you laugh at yourself for worrying over it.nothin to it jerry. willie

7. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

OK I hope you guys are right. I signed up for my test for 1/24 9:00 a.m.