1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cramped 757

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mac B., Mar 8, 2005.

1. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I have ordered my JD 757. I liked everything about the machine except the cramped position your in when you let the deck down with the foot pedal. My knees go into the steering handles if I let it all the way down to 1 1/2" with the handles in the operating position. I am going to make a bracket to extend the handles up a little to remedy this problem. Has anyone else expeirenced this?

Thanks Mac
  2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't have that problem with any of mine. This may seam like a silly question but is the seat adjusted all the way back? Just curious how tall are you?
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly do you mean?
    Are you adjusting the deck height at full speed?
    My brother is 6'4" and doesn't have that problem on my 777

4. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I am 6'2" tall. As far as what I mean my knees hit the steering handles when they are closed in the running position. Also the 777 is a different frame than the 757 and is bigger so I understand why you don't have problems.

5. TUCKER467

TUCKER467 LawnSite Member

I'M 6'5 AND AM VERY COMFORTABLE EXCEPT WHEN ON HILLSIDES, THEN ME FRIGN KNEES GIT IN THE WAY, I also have a JD 757, if you do come up with some sort of bracket I'd llike to see it and maybe try it. good luck