Cranked T-bar comparison

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pj550v12, Dec 27, 2007.

1. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Well the grass isn't growing, and its sure not snowing so I finally have time to post a few pics. Cranked the t-bars on my truck, the white one, 10 times. The gray truck (raven386) at the time hadn't cranked his any. Pretty awesome what just a few cranks can do to the whole look of the truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CFLS

CFLS LawnSite Member

Let it back down. The ride is garbage and it will cause increased wear on the front end. If you are going to leave it make sure you get an alignment or your tires will be gone. This is coming from someone with a 2500hd GMC that is lifted 6" with the bars cranked.

3. pj550v12

I actually prefer the ride better now, a lot smoother. The springs are less compressed, therefor alowing more travel for the suspension. I put so few miles on the truck that I think I'll just wait to see if I do experience uneven tire wear, or just wait it out and use it as an excuse to get new ones.

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I actually liked the stiffer ride in my truck as well when we did the tbar crank. It makes the trucks look so much better but does have negatives. It does make the front end parts go a little faster and some shops wont align trucks with the crank. Like CFLS said, you'd better get an alignment asap or your tires will be junk. I too have learned this the hard way and paying for tires vs paying for an alignment sucks.

5. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Just get a Leveling kit by readylift and it comes with the Keys and 2" shock extenders. Then you could run 33"s. And yeah you must get an alignment for sure.

6. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

The only decent leveling kit for these trucks is made by Cognito Motorsports. Shock extenders help, but I definately wouldn't use the differently indexed keys. You're alignment is WAY out with that Tbar crank so get ready for tires SOON. And these trucks don't have "springs" up front, there are torsion bars.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Heck I've been trying to figure out how to lower mine, the higher it sits the worse the mpg.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

dude I had an 88 model 1/2 ton chevy in high school. me and some buddies pulled it in the shop one morning and cranked mine up. Yeah it looked cool, but not not long after that I couldn't KEEP idler arms in the front end and it ate tires alive. Listen to what these guys are telling you. IF you wanna lift it, do it right with a lift kit. I have found with the 2500HD, I have a hard enough time getting in an out of it with it stock. I used to think lifted trucks were cool and all, but I have outgrown that in recent years.....

9. C. MOORE LAWNS

C. MOORE LAWNS LawnSite Member

Cranking the t-bars is the redneck lift kit, which is no good for the truck. If I were you, like the guy said above, I'd spend some money and lift it the correct way. In the long run, you will save money, be happier about it, and it'll look better. Just my 2 cents

10. pj550v12

My mind is made on keeping it the way it is, there is no way I'm going to pay for a lift kit for this truck, it just doeasn't make sense in my case, I'm very happy with the way it looks now, and have no desire to change it. I dont doubt you all make valid points in what you say, but it's staying. The purpose of the thread was simply to show the comparison. I do appreciate all you're words though, and they're not just taken with disregard, all input is appreciated.

PJ (A redneck t-bar cranker)