crappy aluminum pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey everyone,
    I am putting together a brochure and I am looking for a couple photos of aluminum lights with (failed finishes). Preferably bullet lights or similar. The nastier looking the better. I always throw em away and I wish I had taken the time to take some pics. Any help would be appreciated. PM me and I will give you an email address.
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim, you mean to say that the manufacturer's are not helping you out with this? :laugh:

Sorry I cannot help you. I havent taken the time to photograph any of the fixtures I have pulled out and tossed and to be completely honest, I have not had many issues with installing Aluminum fixtures here. I do prefer to install brass, bronze, and copper product, but as I said, the Aluminum has stood up surprisingly well here.

The only aluminum product I have had any issues with has been from Hadco and Vista, in both cases the powder coat seems to flake off of their fixtures. But this is going back about 7 years now so things might be different now.

Have a great day.
  3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

since I already posted you go.
  4. ccfree

ccfree LawnSite Member

I figured you would post those pics Joey. LOL!
  5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

tim i posted some in the knock off thread or one of thoes threads like that. Email me if you cant find em.
  6. JoeyD

craig! where the hell have you been!
  7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Is that from the manu who claims to never have had a return for failed powder?
  8. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

To be fair and balanced why not print that photo of the pitted copper fixture I posted awhile back in the same brochure.
  9. JoeyD

yep, same one that says their 10yr warranty is an industry best and that no other manufacturer has the confidence to warranty their products....blah blah blah...
  10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

So, were those fixtures

A. buried up to the middle of the knuckle in a swamp?

B. placed in a lawn or ground cover and repeatedly hit with a string trimmer?

C. lighting a sand castle on the beach?

D. a subject of an experiment involving sulfuric acid being poured on them?

E. all of the above?