1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craptastic day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lmlawn, Oct 12, 2011.

1. lmlawn

lmlawn LawnSite Member

so the day started out ok, started mowing around 7:30, was using the new 48 hydro I got for a steal on craiglist.

so typical day, blowing some leaves, sucking up some leaves and on my way home some jagoff 3 cars ahead of me decides to pull a u-turn from the right hand lane on a 4 lane road and everyone came to a screeching halt and my truck plowed into a toyota priius

Needless to say I have a pushed in bumper, broken grill....the Prius on the other hand suffered much more. and to top it all off it was a customer of mine from my other job.

so it was 3 cars total, im probably, maybe definitely at fault because i was the last vehicle and the jagoff who started this whole thing drove away like nothing happened

2 steps forward....3 steps back
  2. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope you have insurance, sh t happens.
  3. lmlawn

lmlawn LawnSite Member

of course I have insurance...
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

the guy that caused the mess is going to be in on the settlement as well, unless he wreckless-drove and ran. Then he is in worse trouble.
  5. lmlawn

lmlawn LawnSite Member

the guy or girl who caused it pulled the u turn and fled the scene.....

again, my insurance is gonna go up because I was the rear vehicle. the weight of this trailer with 2 WB's and leaves/grass on my truck....i couldnt stop that fast
  6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah another one of those things that really wasn't your fault but will be looked at as it is your fault...sometimes the justice system sucks balls lol
  7. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

at least you got to hit a prius, hopefully it took it off the road. Yes, insurance will go up and I hope everyone was safe.
  8. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

wow that bites...hope it all works out and you don't lose your customer
  9. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I hit one while driving back from my dealer when it was raining bad, couldn't stop fast enough, not much damage though, only a cracked bumper.
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I ran into a customer today...literally.

Yeah, unfortunately in a rear collision it's almost always found to be the fault of the vehicle behind. Did you get cited for following too closely or anything?