CRaZeeee Employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stick9, Oct 1, 2000.

1. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

We hired this guy about 2 years ago (at 16 years old) .. he was a FANTASTIC worker (fast, effecient, hard worker, etc.) .. The only problem was that he was MENTAL .. and I mean MENTAL! He would stand in ear shot of the customers and swear up a storm. He would become VERY aggitated at the littlest things. One small thing, and his entire day was ruined (which in turn caused some serious friction for everyone). It got so bad that he actually tried to run me over with the Dixie Chopper .. His parents had taken him to different hospitals and the police to find out what was wrong, but nothing helped this guy. We couldn't fire this guy because we didn't know what may happen (and plus he was a great worker :)) .. He finally left us, went to work for his dad, hated it .. and then went somewhere else. ANYWAY .. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had any experience with .. well, insanity.

STIck-NIne

2. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

Have not had any insane workers!!! But I have seen some crazies

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I've had people threaten me with tools such as hammers and one guy went home to get his gun and was coming back to shoot me. Lucky me I guess, he stopped at the beer store first and got picked up by the cops for drunk driving before he could come back to play with me. Now when I fire people I do it in a separate office with no witnesses so that I can be in control of the situation. Just another reason why I wanna leave construction and go lawn cutting for my wife, I can handle her.

4. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I had an employee steal from me all year and then he started getting real friendly with my customers and so i decided to fire him minus 1 weeks pay and thats when he took my weed wips and said go ahead call the police. Now thats crazy. Either way i paid his lame *$$ and got my wips and gave him the boot. He was sleazy enough to say that he would of had someone lese steal it anyway. Now thats what i call a looser. He also got kicked out of his wifes trailer for being drunk at 9 a.m. sturday morning not to mention 10 years of heavy heavy drinking and his wife kept the cutting list so i had to go and buy it back from her. Supposedly he owed it to her. Cost me 280 dollars. Anyway i am glad i fired him. The best thing i did all summer. What a nightmare.

I would like to add that this guy was the best at what he did. He was known by all the lawn crews as the king of cutting grass. he was good but screw him anyway.

[Edited by bdemir on 10-02-2000 at 01:13 AM]

5. stick9

Hey Bdemir!

Wow. Did we have the same guy working for us that you did? The guy we had was LIGHTNING with the whip (and did it perfectly, too .. not to short .. just PERFECT) .. but MAN! He was crazy. Oh well.

sticK-Nine

6. stick9

I absolutely CANNOT and WILLNOT believe that NO ONE except for 3 lawn crews have had crazy workers. Not possible. Come on lazy people!

STICk-nINE

7. bdemir

Hey stick you might of had the same guy considering you live in dtroit. Where are you in detroit.

8. stick9

We're out of Livonia. I would have to seriously doubt that you had this guy .. this was his first job, and now he does something with machines!

STiCk-nIne

9. bdemir

Yeah I didnt think it was the same guy but you never know. Anyways this guy lives in washtenaw county and hes not with me anymore. A lot of my work is by the airport or close to it and mostly residential and some commercial.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I had a guy with the nickname "skip". I now know why they called him skip. Because his brain skipped when it came to thinking. One day his first day by himself. He wrecked the truck, the trailor with a tractor on it, a bagger. Flew threw each job. Stole a hedge trimmer. The wreck came because he was very careless. All this while I was out of town. It was about 5 years ago and I let him live lol But he died many deaths in my dreams