Craziest thing i've ever heard of

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sammyz1, May 14, 2014.

1. sammyz1

sammyz1 LawnSite Member

So i was mowing on of our properties and some guy comes up to me first of all i was annoyed he was bothering me while working, but he started yelling at me saying that it is illegal to mow with the shoot tied and that he was calling 911 to have a police report filed. Now its not like grass was getting blown on cars or anything i was on the opposite side of the cars so had that been the case i would have understood but i had never heard such a thing. I even asked my cousin who is a police officer if that was illegal but even he said he'd never heard of such a thing. Anybody else ever have something like this happen?

2. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a dumb ass to me!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sammyz1

sammyz1 LawnSite Member

this guy tried to tell me he warned us against tying it down and i asked all our workers and none of them got told that.

4. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like someone with too much time on there hands.. We don't even have the shoots on our mowers! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ColliCut Land Mgmt

ColliCut Land Mgmt LawnSite Member

I think some people tend to believe that if they disagree with something, it should be illegal. Always wanting government involvement. Seems like the more logical thing to do would have been to just ask you to put your chute back down.

I don't know that it's illegal but it may cause an issue if you we're to ever make an insurance claim or hurt someone, and the insurer found out that you had disengaged a manufacturer-installed safety device. I think we all do it at times, but it's good practice to keep it down unless you are actively trimming with the discharge side of the mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. sammyz1

sammyz1 LawnSite Member

that's funny because i was going to take my shoot off at the beginning of the year but my boss said just leave it on. i guess for a reason like...

7. sammyz1

sammyz1 LawnSite Member

yeah collicut i agree with that about insurance claims but i honestly dont think the chute does anything at all.

8. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd have told him not to bother us until the police got there. Some people just have nothing to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sammyz1

sammyz1 LawnSite Member

If he tries to tell me again I'm just gonna tell him he's harassing me now. Plus I've got a route to get done I don't need people stopping me. Unless they're telling me they like what they see haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called too much time on their hands. You just ignore it, because the world is full of morons, and bothering with them will just drive you nuts
    Posted via Mobile Device