Crazy Crazy Estimate!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Apr 1, 2006.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I normally dont do estimates on saturday but I had some free time and nothing to do so I went to go give the quote. The house looked abandoned, broken windows, beat up cars on blocks etc. The house was tucked back in a wooded lot out on a country road. I was thinking wow how can these people afford lawn maintenance when it doesnt look like they have running water. I knock on the door and here comes some old guy probably hasnt bathed in months, smelled like liqour, missing teeth. I tell him I'm here to give his estimate as I'm thinking I should really just leave. The guy has no idea what I'm talking about, starts asking why I'm on his property, the conversation starts esculating very quickly. I'm like whoa time to go. I start heading back to my truck, just as his son comes pulling around the corner of the gravel driveway. He gets out of his car and by looking at him I'm thinking this is only going to get worse. Shaved head completely covered in tattoos, with big nazi tats on both forearms. He yells to his dad whats going on! And before I can say anything he yells back to his son that I'm from the IRS and I'm here to take the property away from him and that hes getting the dogs at which point the son yells back that he can take care of the problem right now and starts digging through his car. Just as I jump in my truck the son pulls out a shotgun and two pitbulls are running towards the truck. As I'm racing down the gravel drive in reverse I can here the kid shooting at my truck through the trees and brush. So that was my saturday, have a great April fools day.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinkup: