Crazy E-Bay prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Nov 28, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Is it just me or do 75% of the prices on e-bay (for mower's) seem ridiculous? I looked at a few Exmark's and they were both well over 3 years old and the prices were up to and over 4-5k and looked road hard and put away wet. Why would you spend 5k on a used beat up possible POS when you could buy new for another 2k.:confused: If you didnt have the extra 2k then put that 4 or 5k down on a new unit and your payments would only be, I would think $100 bucks or so.

2. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

It seems that around this time of year the prices on Ebay start to go way up but come midsummer they drop quite a bit and you can get some decent deals on stuff.:drinkup:

3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

that seems like it should be the other way around, i would think most people would want to buy in the spring and that would raise the prices, this time of year you have to make room for another mower. the only reason i can see for it is people need to buy some things for the write off

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I suspect the fact that ebay is highly popular has a lot to do with it.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking for a used lazer(750hrs. or under) for next spring and I looked on ebay just for prices and I thought I was screwed for under $4000.00. But over the last few months deals have come up locally that put ebays prices to shame.

6. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i sell my hand-held stuff after a couple years on ebay. it's amazing what you can get for it.

7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Ive seen motorcycle stuff go for more than what I can go buy it at the local dealer for
    As always youve got to know what your looking at and what its worth

8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

People get wrapped up in auctions on Ebay. They get it in their head they are not going to let someone else get what they want. Great for the seller. Just don't let the crazy buyer be you.:hammerhead:

9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have been trying to get a used BR600 on Ebay. With shipping, they are going for only $100 less then brand new. That is crazy...

10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i was watching a Redmax eb7001 that was seized and for parts. it went for 150.00 including shipping. that's crazy this is why i sell my stuff off after a couple seasons. i get 75% of what i paid for it and always have reliable stuff.