CRAZY IDEA give your opinions $$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Feb 27, 2007.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of this but let me know what you would think, buying a quarter car was (cheap olderone) and in my area there is a ton of smaller LCO. I would have some land behind this car was that would be fenced in and have the car wash in front. Every guy likes spraying down his truck n trailer if he could everyday. Getting the yard all fenced in with a gate with a code on it and contact a bunch of lawn guys that may have there stuff other places and renting them a spot in the yard and then have the car wash there. Idk maybe it could work? Would you guys do that if you had the chance to park your stuff somewere with a car wash right there and its fenced in witha code. Like outside storage except you have the car wash right there? Then have an area where you can dump grass clippings for free and everything else that a small operation usually needs but cant get access too liek that?

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm.. the parking is more of something I would be looking at.. the carwash is just an extra.. which i wouldnt care for anyway

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

What about cleaning out the catch basin were all the mud and GRASS is going to go and clog. Plus what if someone gets broken into INSURANCE Sounds good and all. I would just store your stuff have a shop. Get some small buildings 10X10 were the Lawn LCO can store for the winter and Lock with there own lock. My .02 worth

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not saying anyone here would do it, but then you have a cut throat that parks there with you and decides some sugar in your fuel tanks might make him a better profit, tires cut... just too many bad things other people can do. it's a good idea.. just not something i'd personally be comfortable with. oh, that and the insurance thing.

5. Jake Wolf

Jake Wolf LawnSite Member
    from NYC, NY

There definitely are advantages if you can provide waste disposal and an area for plant/materials deliveries. You really have to look and see if that is the best way to employ your own capital and time. It may look good on paper, but don't forget the added job as being a property manager with tenants.

I say stay away.

6. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Car washes are alot more pain than you think. Like said, those drains in a carwash gotta be cleaned and is a real pain. More trouble then its worth imo.

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Brother and i went half on a U wash in 1989. It needed a new everything! We did all the work together. That first year was hard but after we upgraded all the systems and new lights we noticed about 15 % increase or more. This helped when we went to sell the place in 1995. If you have winter weather and freezing temps. make sure all is ok at the wash your self or close it down.
    Washes are maintenance, Vacuums, pressure pumps, metering soap pumps and what not make sure you look into before you buy.

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am not quite sure what the original post was saying. Between the misspellings and run-on sentences and abbreviations, I just didn't understand.

I know this isn't grammar school here. But perhaps we could take a little more time organizing our words and thoughts? That's probably too much to ask. Nevermind... you guys go on with your discussion.... Nevermind me....

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I was actually wondering the same thing. I read all they way through until i came to yours.