Crazy Lady

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bart may, Apr 27, 2004.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I was mowing today on a large apartment complex and just had gone back to the trailer. An older lady comes walking toward me with an angry look and says "What do you want!" I said I don't know what your talking about. She says " Quit ringing my doorbell. You keep ringing my doorbell." I told her I hadn't and that I was just mowing. She yells Liar! I'm kind of chuckling and saying I'm not sure what your talking about. She says "And stay away from my car" I said I didn't touch your car. She says your making it leak, look! She points to an oil leak under the car. By this time I'm still kind of chuckling and saying I didn't touch your car. She keeps yelling at me to leave her alone and says she's going to call the cops. I just kept trying to reassure her that I hadn't climbed under the old 88 Caravan and made the oil leak or that I hadn't rang her doorbell. She told me to shut up and leave. I walked back to the trailer to warn my guys of the crazy lady when trimming.
    Sadly I'm sure she has alzheimers or is paranoid. Wow that was a first. I'm glad it happened to me and not one of my guys:eek:

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right, that is one crazy lady !

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

ask her to marry you , see what she says

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Next time go along with everything she says and get her really confused!

5. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I deal with several women like that a few times a month. Always thinking someone has broken in their apartment at night and burned holes in their clothes or stole cigarettes. They always call 7 or 8 hours after the supposed incident occured. I always ask why they didn't call when it happened, they just kinda stare at you then shut the door.

I really hope none of us have to deal with that when we get to that point in our lives.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What MIGHT be a good idea,.. would be go to the manager, (who are probably already aware of this poor lady's condition), and let them know what took place. This way, in the event that something IS said eventually, that could incriminate you or lead to any other kind of situation, they will already have been informed, and sort of have a "heads up" on the situation. This will help considerablly in the future. You are in the right, and have done nothing wrong, so you haven't anything to lose. You are merely in a way, also looking out for HER safety and well being. This will be greatly appreciated by the company, I'm, sure.

7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

That is great advice Runner.
    David