crazy lawn lady

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, May 17, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I took this pic kinda far away. toull have to zoom in on it . Sorry. But im not a spy. She is wearing big yellow gardening gloves and a helmet on her lawn tractor. LOL

sample pics 097.jpg
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope she is also wearing eye and hearing protection. Sure would be a waste to do all that and not do what really counts! However. . .I can't call her stupid for wearing a hardhat and gloves. There have been times when a hardhat would've done me some good while doing lawncare.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

safety first, safety first
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

a hard hat would have saved me a big bump on the head last week as i was walking/runnng around trimming under a deck. i didn't see the 3 - 2x12's supporting the deck *WHAM* i hit the ground like a ton of bricks and blacked out for a split second. i made a nice circular scalp where i pushed the trimmer head into the ground as i fell too. i gave the lady on the deck a nice little scare too.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I am constantly smacking my head on trees while I trim. Sometimes my headphones will save me, but I sure could use a hard helmet some days.

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen guys mowing with the Orange Stihl chainsaw hardhats with built in hearing protection and face shield. It's only funny until you run into something and hit your head.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I would talk to her and say that you can relieve her lawn care anxiety for fifty bucks a cut and she can put the helmet in a yard sale next weekend. But then I saw that she was mowing around the trailer and just thought that she was scared of getting hit in the head by a beer can thrown by her live in that was sittin on a lawnchair in the yard.
  8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO, Ed!! There is a guy in one of our neighborhoods who wears knee high boots, yellow or black PVC gloves to his elbows, and a big wide brimmed straw hat to mow his lawn. I guess he is ready for anything...sun, rain, doing dishes, giving a cow a rectal exam, toxic spills, etc.....sometimes too much is just that..TOO MUCH!! He probably thinks he looks cool!