Crazy neighbor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, May 18, 2003.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

So today I was cutting because Friday was pouring rain here in Toronto Canada and I thought I would cut today to let the lawns dry out a bit. It's a long weekend here and this guy that lives in the middle of two of my customers starts staring at me when I am unloading. I'm ready to cut and he say's "Your not gonna cut today!" Of course I say "Yes, why not?" He says " It's a long weekend and I don't want to hear your mower!" I explain to him about Friday and then start up my machine and cut. Later the guys wife comes out and ask's why I didn't cut the strip of lawn that is there property that I usually do because my customer asked me to do it and I tell her that unless she wants to pay me to cut her lawn I don't have to. The lady told me to watch my back and that I will never get any customer's on this street again. I went to the local police station and they said that she had called and the desk officer told me that they told her that she shouldn't harass people trying to do there job and the officer was very cool and said that I had every right to cut. :D I know that I am going to get a phone call from the two customers that I cut on both sides of the grumpy guy and his wife and I hope that they are as understanding as the Police.

2. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I would not worry about this. I run into wackos all the time. Just do your job and remember there are alot of strange people out there-Harry

3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to talk to Mike9497 on this site. He's got a whack ex-client like that, only worse !!!!!!

Just do your thing & never mind them.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i usually start picking my nose, and scratching my butt then sniffing my fingers while im talkin to them. then they think u have a serious problem, and they leave u alone.

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Im Crazygator, so does that make ME a crazy neighbor too?

:D :angel:

6. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

You must have working in Thornhill.

Ray

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had a crazy across the street from one of my customers. We started mowing one day at 9am and he came out and said, "Nobody starts work around here until 10am." I just laughed and walked away.

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where I live it is the law that you may start mowing at 7am. So one day I happen to be mowing my fathers house. At about 8am his grumpy neighbor comes out and starts yelling at me for mowing so early. I explain that I'm trying to make a living and that it is perfectly legal and if he doesn't like it to call the police. He gave me some more lip. So for the next 3 or 4 weeks I went out of my way to show up at 7am.

9. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

You know, after I stopped cutting, I had forgotten about the crazy neighbors!!!! Man! It's good to hear about them again ... they can be really funny and foolish!

I love when they stare at you while cutting ... and have a big frown like they're about to come over and yell!! hahahahha great stuff!

Stick-NINe

10. LLMSERVICE

LLMSERVICE LawnSite Member

Years ago , I had a client we'd mow around 8:30-9 AM during weekdays. He was a paper mill manager and left work pretty early.

One day the neighbor comes out, a middle age guy wearing a robe and snipes "could you guys cut any earlier?" It was 9:30 AM on a Wednesday.

My employee, now brother in law, says " As a matter of fact, we can." For the next three weeks, he made sure he was there at 8 on the dot.

Never saw the neighbor again