crazy or not?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sanfordandsonfan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

A guy I know is giving me a 1969 F-350 (360 motor). The truck used to be a dump, but he has taken the hoist and the bed off. The price is perfect and I do get bored in the winter. The condition is rough. It does run, but thats about it. Would some of you guys take on this project, spend a bit of money and get this beast on the road. I would put a stakebed back on it, and use it to haul brush, mulch etc.... Anybody else crazy enough for this project?

2. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Do you really want to be seen in that POS throwing mulch out the back of it???

3. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

Get it running well and paint it and you will have a great truck!!!

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have several of old trucks that have been winter projects. Here a pic of last winters project

1950fordstake.jpg

CamLand likes this.
  5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry it's a 1950 ford stake bed

6. sanfordandsonfan

That is a great looking truck. I am looking forward to the challenge. The thing I guess I like best about the truck is it is actually something I can work on. Very basic engine wise and I'm pretty good with body work. Thanks for the posts.

7. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck weatherman!

8. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

that's hillarious!

9. sanfordandsonfan

Actually that is rather funny. To think that a customer actually might care if you are in an old 69 or a 2004. I have been in business a few years, and when I get a request for mulch, nobody has ever said to bring it in a nice looking truck. Anyway's thinks for the comments.

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

what a stupid thing to say. what are you driving at 16? (that you paid for yourself)?? a huffy? or a skateboard?

older trucks like that look awesome when you put them together and give them a paint job. don't let any "wet behind the ear" young dude tell you different.

here's apic of my '84 that some would say is old. i keep it nice and get complimented al the time.