crazy price increases

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gusbuster, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You 2 do realize that fuel and food are not included when determining the rate of inflation?

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

You left out clothing as well.
    easy-lift guy

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy reduce your consumption. Went to England a Scotland a while ago, after paying their prices for a couple of weeks US seems cheap.

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I was there 3 weeks ago for the APF show and diesel was only $9.00 per gal.
    The biggest difference most of that fuel cost is in Taxes to pay for their welfare state.
    easy-lift guy

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you aware of qe3?

Oil is traded in dollars and when the dollar value decreases, it takes more dollars to buy the same oil.

6. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

The more fuel my co burns, the more money we make. More crews=more fuel=more man hours= more money for me.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

California is paying far more than everyone else... I wonder why?

8. Well that's simple...................They thought by electing an actor again, he could save the state like the other former actor\ governor became the president did.

Instead, we got a stogie smoking man when exhaling, instead of coming out of his mouth, it can out from his rectum.

Honestly, though to get back on subject, current gas price hike in CA has nothing to do with the world oil price or what oil is selling for. It has more to do with these idiots here will only allow a limited amount of refining capability and we have our own special blend. I believe we only have 9 refineries for the most populated state in the union. They of course, we're in the middle of switching from summer to winter blend.....Oh the refineries have to get state permission to release the winter blend early......come on.....kill a fish, grizzly or something. All I want for Christmas is my $2 a gallon gas. Not asking much

9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope your not doing your projected profit by fuel cost!

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

California often thinks they can command markets too and it often cost them more rather than setting the standard.