Crazy Weather we are having

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Whats up with the weather,i mean just the other day it was about 60 and warm.This morning i wake up and theirs about 5 inches of snow on the ground. Whats going on with the weather anymore? Makes me wonder if we will get a late and wet spring.Think i'm going to put onions in the ground and see if they will make it.maybe we will get a early spring!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

From what I have heard, at least for us up here in Michigan, the rest of the month we are going to have above normal temps. Just Thursday we were in the mid 50's, and now we are down to the low 20's.

This is when I start to get to sick becaues of the change in temperature.

But before I know it, right back to work probably. Watch, I will start mowing in February

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ill take any snow and cold weather we can take.. i love it..

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Here is NW Iowa, it was mid 50's today. Went out riding the mountain bike in shorts and sweet shirt. Tomorrow - 40 % of snow, high in the mid 20's, wind 25 - 40 mph. Whats up?

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Same here... It's normal anymore to get a week or so of 60 to 70 degree weather here around christmas to the first week of january, but this is nuts! After the bitter cold spell we had the middle of december it hasn't been really cold since! It was close to 70 again today! Supposed to change tomorrow for a day or 2 (chance of snow but still not that cold) but then right back in the 50's and 60's.

It's been a real blessing since we have been working on my truck dumpbed the last 4 weekends. Very odd to have weather nice enough to work outside 4 weekends in a row!!! (bed is DONE, still needs paint and wiring and sides, but pics to come soon!)

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

the weather is becoming more annoying and wackier than my customer base

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Wacky indeed. It was in the 50's in CT here on Saturday, and yesterday we had 5 inches of snow with 40mph winds...making for drifts to 8 feet in some spots. Now its barley in the teens, but is forecasted to be 45 degrees by Wednesday:dizzy:

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just wish that winter would be done with. I am looking forward to spring big time

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ya got a bit of a wait there my friend

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with you Troy.